Manuscript Writing Service
International Journal of Advanced Research in Medicine
  • Printed Journal
  • Refereed Journal
  • Peer Reviewed Journal

International Journal of Advanced Research in Medicine

2019, Vol. 1, Issue 2, Part A

Assessment of prevalence and profile of anemia among labourer of a known population


Author(s): Dr. Rajesh Upreti

Abstract: Background: Anemia refers to a condition in which the blood hemoglobin concentration is lower than normal, resulting in poor cognitive and motor development in children and loss of work productivity in adulthood. Hence; the present study was undertaken for assessing the prevalence and profile of anemia among labourer of a known population. Materials & methods: A total of 200 subjects were enrolled in the present study. Complete demographic details of all the subjects were obtained. Blood samples were obtained from all the subjects and were collected in the microcuvettes. Alcohol swabs were used to clean the skin area before pricking. The blood samples in the microcuvette were loaded Hb photometer and Hb values were obtained. Results: The overall prevalence of anaemia in the present study was 29 percent. Among the anaemia subjects, 31.1 percent of the subjects belonged to the age group of less than 5 years. 44.8 percent of the patients belonged to the age group of 5 to 8 years. 24.1 percent of the patients belonged to the age group of more than 8 years. Out of 58 anaemic patients, 42 were of rural residence while the remaining 16 were of urban residence. 75.9 percent of the subjects belonged to the lower socio-economic class, while 20.7 percent belonged to middle class. Conclusion: Anemia is a significant health hazard affecting a significant proportion of pediatric population. Rural and lower class population are significant more affected with this pathologic condition.

DOI: 10.22271/27069567.2019.v1.i2a.12

Pages: 16-19 | Views: 167 | Downloads: 78

Download Full Article: Click Here
How to cite this article:
Dr. Rajesh Upreti. Assessment of prevalence and profile of anemia among labourer of a known population. International Journal of Advanced Research in Medicine. 2019; 1(2): 16-19. DOI: 10.22271/27069567.2019.v1.i2a.12
International Journal of Advanced Research in Medicine