Manuscript Writing Service
International Journal of Advanced Research in Medicine
Printed Journal   |   Refereed Journal   |   Peer Reviewed Journal

International Journal of Advanced Research in Medicine

2021, Vol. 3, Issue 1, Part F

Effects of thyroid dysfunction on lipid profilein postmenopausal women


Author(s): Dr. Prathibha Vasu and Dr. Parashuram

Abstract: According to the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE), millions of women with unresolved menopausal like symptoms, even those taking estrogen may be suffering from undiagnosed thyroid disease. Data was collected using a pretested proforma meeting the objectives of the study. Detailed history and necessary investigations were undertaken. The purpose of the study was explained to the patient and informed consent obtained. Minimum of 100 patients are selected randomly who fulfil the inclusion and exclusion criteria. 36% of the postmenopausal women had dyslipidemia. Remaining 64% did not have dyslipidemia. In our study, among 64 patients who did not have dyslipidemia, 8 patients had SH, 5 patients had hypothyroidism, 2 patients had thyrotoxicosis, rest were euthyroid. Among 36 patients with dyslipidemia, 14 patients had SH, 3 patients had hypothyroidism and rest 19 were euthyroid.

DOI: 10.22271/27069567.2021.v3.i1f.189

Pages: 352-352 | Views: 68 | Downloads: 31

Download Full Article: Click Here
How to cite this article:
Dr. Prathibha Vasu, Dr. Parashuram. Effects of thyroid dysfunction on lipid profilein postmenopausal women. Int J Adv Res Med 2021;3(1):352-352. DOI: 10.22271/27069567.2021.v3.i1f.189
International Journal of Advanced Research in Medicine